Tax Collector: Elizabeth Ruhl
Phone # 856-589-3522
Fax # 856-589-6833
Comparison of Tax Rates
|Last 6 Years||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020|
|Local Purpose Tax:||.970||.991||1.009||1.008||1.010||1.012|
|Local School Tax:||2.316||2.378||2.443||2.493||2.549||2.617|
|County Open Space:||.044||.044||.042||.043||.043||.044|
|Municipal Library Tax:||.035||.035||.035||.035||.035||.036|
Taxes are due and payable on the First of February, May, August and November. The State of NJ allows a 10-Day grace period. When the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday the grace period will be extended to the next business day. Interest on late payments is calculated at 8% for the first $1,500.00 and 18% on all amounts over $1,500.00. A 6% year end penalty is also added for all delinquent taxes over $10,000.
A lock box is located in the vestibule of the Municipal Building and can be used to drop off payments for Taxes and/or Water/Sewer. This box is checked during business days only once a day at 8:00am only. If dropping payment off during business hours, please drop off in person at the counter.
Deductions for Senior/Disable
Annual deduction of $250.00 from property taxes for homeowner's age 65 or older and/or disabled persons who meet certain income residency requirements is available through the Borough.
Annual deduction of $250.00 from property taxes for qualified veterans and unmarried surviving spouses is available through the Borough.
NJ Property Tax Relief
Program Webpage - https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/relief.shtml?
Homestead Rebate Program
- To file applications by phone: 1-877-658-2972
- To file applications online: www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation
- To ask questions: 1-888-238-1233 (Homeowners) or 1-609-292-6400 (Tenants)
- Online information: www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/homestead/06hrintro.htm
- To check status (Amount) of a filed rebate application: 1-877-658-2972
- Taxation e-mail address for rebate questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Property Tax Reimbursement Program
- To ask questions: 1-800-882-6597
- To check the status of a filed application: 1-800-882-6597
- To listen to information or to order an application: 1-800-323-4400
- Online information: www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/propfres.htm
- TTY Equipment Users: 1-800-286-6613 or 1-609-984-7300